DA Hike: Bengal Employees On STRIKE, Mamata Govt Issues WARNING
DA Hike News: Earlier this week, they held a 48-hour pen-down agitation demanding that their DA be raised to the level of what their counterparts in the central government get.
Updated Mar 10, 2023 | 11:51 AM IST
DA Hike News: Bengal Employees On STRIKE, Mamata Govt Issues WARNING
NO LEAVE ALLOWED FOR GOVT EMPLOYEES
- The government order asked all heads of offices or controlling authorities concerned to issue show-cause notices to the employee who will remain absent on Friday.
- "On receipt of satisfactory reply, leave due and admissible may be granted on production of documentary evidence on the grounds mentioned above," the order said, adding that disciplinary action will be taken against those who will not be responding to the show-cause notice, the order stated.
- Meanwhile, an order issued by the state finance department said that all state government offices including those provided with grants-in-aid by the state such as educational institutions shall remain open on March 10 and all employees will report for duty on that day.
- "No Casual Leave or any other kind of leave for absence either in the first half of the day or in the second half or for the whole day shall be granted to any employee on March 10. Absence of employees on that day will be treated as dies-non (break in service) and no salary will be admissible unless such absence is covered by the hospitalisation of the employees or if there is bereavement in the family, severe illness and absence continuing prior to March 9," the order said.
- However, no action will be taken against employees who had been on Child Care Leave, Maternity Leave, Medical Leave and Earned Leave sanctioned before March 9, according to the order.
"CAN'T GIVE ADDITIONAL DA EVEN IF BEHEADED"Earlier this week, West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee said at the assembly that she would not be able to meet the demand for a DA hike even if the protesters "behead" her. “The previous Left Front regime denied payments of DA arrears year after year. After we came to power, we increased the DA payment manifold. How much more do you want? What else will satisfy you? If you do not like me, you can behead me,” she said on the floor of the house during the extended budget session of the Assembly that started on Monday.
Pathaan box office update: Shah Rukh Khan film shows NO signs of fatigue. Week 6 earns HIGHER than Week 5
IRB Infra, its Private InvIT Arm’s collective toll collection for Feb 2023: Check details
Don't Lose Your Memories: Celebrate World Backup Day with Western Digital's Effortless Campaign!
A 4-month-old baby undergoes successful surgery for a rare heart condition
Amit Shah inaugurates Rs 154 cr worth development works in Ahmedabad
Mahindra Thar RWD in Everest White colour reaches dealerships for deliveries, looks smoking hot
Humanity and AI will master aging in future: Expert
US woman earns Rs 1.8 lakh per day as topless maid
© 2023 Bennett, Coleman & Company Limited