Meta working on Mastodon-like Twitter competitor that uses Instagram credentials
Meta is reportedly working on a Twitter competitor as a text-based app working on ActivityPub protocol that is also used by Mastodon and other decentralized apps.
Updated Mar 10, 2023 | 12:57 PM IST
Meta readying Twitter rival that will use Instagram users profile
- Meta's Twitter rival will be Instagram-branded and will allow users to register/login to the app through their Instagram credentials.
- It isn't confirmed whether the "P92" app is at an early stage or if it is further into the development.
- The app may allow users to broadcast posts to people on other servers.
- Some of the features planned include tappable links in posts with previews, user bio, username, verification badges, images, and videos.
- The app will also allow users to Follow and Like posts and comments.
- Though it is unclear whether features for commenting and messaging will be included from the start or will be added later.
- Meta wants to use Instagram data of all Instagram users for the P92 even if they don't sign up for it.
- This is being done for purposes of analytics, product improvement, and ranking on P92.
PM Modi, Anthony Albanese gifted collages fashioned by images of Indian and Australian cricketers
Kareena Kapoor rocks denim-on-denim look and it's perfect for this summer. WATCH
Sankashti Chaturthi is tomorrow: People worship Ganesha in Bhalchandra form to get rid of their troubles and also fast on this day
Mahesh Babu net worth: A peek into Tollywood superstar's lavish lifestyle
IND vs AUS: With Rohit Sharma off the field, senior India player takes over as captain in 4th Test
Pathaan box office update: Shah Rukh Khan film shows NO signs of fatigue. Week 6 earns HIGHER than Week 5
IRB Infra, its Private InvIT Arm’s collective toll collection for Feb 2023: Check details
Don't Lose Your Memories: Celebrate World Backup Day with Western Digital's Effortless Campaign!
© 2023 Bennett, Coleman & Company Limited