Chaitra the first month of Hindu calendar has started: Know 10 important things about this month
The Chaitra month, which is the first month of the Hindu calender has started. This month is very important because it not only marks the beginning of the new year but also becuase it marks the end of winter and beginning of summer season and several important festivals fall in this month.
Updated Mar 9, 2023 | 12:00 PM IST
- The new year of the Hindi calendar starts from the month of Chaitra. Samvat 2079 will end on Chaitra Amavasya on 21st March and Samvat 2080 will start from 22nd of March.
- In Chaitra, the first Chaturthi of fasting for Lord Ganesha will be on March 10 and the second one on March 25.
- The first Ekadashi to worship Lord Vishnu will fall on March 18 and the second on April 1.
- The Saptami and Ashtami date of Krishna Paksha of Chaitra month is very important and is held in high regards. On these dates, Sheetla Mata is offered cold food.
- The new moon day of Chaitra month falls on the 21st. On this day, auspicious works like tarpan, shraadh, dhoop-meditation, charity-charity etc. are done so that our ancestors are at peace and are happy and content.
- Navratri of Chaitra month is starting from 22 March. Gudi Padwa will fall on this day and the new year 2080 will also start on this particular day. This time, due to no change in dates, Navratri will remain for nine days only.
- The manifest festival of Shriram i.e. Shriram Navami will be on 30th April. The birth anniversary of Shri Ram Charit Manas Granth is also celebrated on this date. Hanuman ji's manifest festival and Chaitra Purnima is on 6th April.
- Chitra Nakshatra remains on the full moon date of this month, due to which the first month of the Hindi calendar is named Chaitra.
- Among the four yugas, the beginning of the first Satyuga is considered to be from the Chaitra month itself. It is said that it was in this month that Lord Vishnu took his first incarnation in the form of Mastya (fish). Matsya Avatar had managed to save all the creatures of the universe, King Manu, the seven sages, all the Vedas from the deluge.
- Chaitra month marks the end of winter and the beginning of summer. Therefore, it is said that people should start makin, changes in their food habits and lifestyle from the month of Chaitra. It is advisable to eat those things which can be easily digested. One should also take care to keep oneself hydrated and ensure that there is enough intake of liquid.
PM Modi, Anthony Albanese gifted collages fashioned by images of Indian and Australian cricketers
Kareena Kapoor rocks denim-on-denim look and it's perfect for this summer. WATCH
Sankashti Chaturthi is tomorrow: People worship Ganesha in Bhalchandra form to get rid of their troubles and also fast on this day
Mahesh Babu net worth: A peek into Tollywood superstar's lavish lifestyle
IND vs AUS: With Rohit Sharma off the field, senior India player takes over as captain in 4th Test
Pathaan box office update: Shah Rukh Khan film shows NO signs of fatigue. Week 6 earns HIGHER than Week 5
IRB Infra, its Private InvIT Arm’s collective toll collection for Feb 2023: Check details
Don't Lose Your Memories: Celebrate World Backup Day with Western Digital's Effortless Campaign!
© 2023 Bennett, Coleman & Company Limited