Maharashtra Budget: Update on Mumbai Trans Harbour Link, Oval Marina, other big infra projects - 12 points
Among a slew of announcements in Maharashtra Budget, updates were shared and allocations were made for several important infrastrucrture projects in Mumbai, Pune, Thane, Nagpur and other areas. From Mumbai Trans Harbour Link project to Pune Ring Road, Oval Marina and more, see highlights of announcements made on Thursday.
Updated Mar 10, 2023 | 10:46 AM IST
Maharashtra Budget 2023-24 infra-related highlights | Representaional Image
Photo : ANI
Deputy Chief Minister and finance minister Devendra Fadnavis on Thursday presented the state budget 2023-24. Among a slew of announcements, updates were shared and allocations were made for several important infrastrucrture projects in Mumbai, Pune, Thane
and other areas.
Maharashtra Budget infra-related highlights: 12 points
1. Rs 162.2 crore were allocated for the construction of an oval marina (jetty) near Gateway of India.
The oval marina with a capacity to handle two lakh passengers and related facilities for water transport between Radio Club and the Gateway of India is part of a larger project worth Rs 424 crore being undertaken to connect Thane and Vasai creeks
for water transport around Mumbai.
The project will facilitate water transport from south Mumbai to Kalyan, Dombivli, Thane, Vasai creek and Navi Mumbai.
2. Mumbai Trans Harbour Link
(MTHL) project to be ready this year.
Nhava-Sewri MTHL is likely to be completed this year. The Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority (MMRDA) has completed more than 90 per cent of the work on this corridor, Fadnavis said.
3.50 km stretch of Metro in Mumbai region will be ready this year.
Fadnavis said a 337 km-long Metro network is being developed across the state and 46 km has been opened for traffic already. The 32.5km Metro 3 (Colaba-Bandra-Seepz) underground corridor is being executed by Mumbai Metro Rail Corporation (MMRC) and the balance by MMRDA.
MMRC has planned to open the line in two phases: Aarey-BKC in December 2023 and BKC-Cuffe Parade in July 2024. Meanwhile, the MMRDA has plans to partially open Line 9 on a 5 km stretch between Dahisar and Mira Road in a year. In 2024, it will be able to open a 5km stretch of Metro 2B whose entire corridor is 23km long between D N Nagar to Mandale.
The stretch that will be opened partially will be between Diamond Garden and Mandale, where the Metro 2B depot is planned.
4. MMRDA will complete various flyover works this year. Among the flyovers likely to open are the entire length of the Santacruz-Chembur Link Road extension and Chheda Nagar junction improvement flyover.
5. Land acquisition for Pune Ring Road, construction of the missing link between Khopoli and Khandala on Mumbai-Pune Expressway, preparatory works for Virar-Alibag multi-modal corridor and Revas to Reddy Coastal Highway will start, Fadnavis said.
6. Airports in Maharashtra will be developed
Rs 527 crore have been allocated for a new passenger terminal at Shirdi Airport while, Rs 734 crore were allocated for Chhatrapati Sambhajinagar Airport land acquisition. The government has also announced expansion of Nagpur International Airport and a new international airport to be developed at Purandar.
7. Gems and jewellery park in Navi Mumbai
State government will soon announce new gems and jewellery policy and gems and jewellery park will come up in Navi Mumbai.
8. Multi-modal logistic hub to come up in Nagpur
The multi-modal logistic hub in Nagpur will come up at a cost of Rs 1,000 crore. The government will also establish circular economy parks at Nagpur, Mumbai, Pune, Smabhaji Nagar
and Ratnagiri, Fadnavis added.
9. Gardens themed around Shivaji Maharaj's life journey in Mumbai and other areas
Rs 250 crore alocated for gardens depicting Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj's life journey through various means to be developed at Mumbai, Amravati, Nagpur and Nashik. Moreover, Rs 350 crore set aside for forts conservation in Maharashtra.
10. Thane City Circular Metro Rail Project, Nashik Metro Neo Project, Pimpri-Chinchwad to Nigdi Corridor of Pune Metro and Swargate to Katraj Metro Projects have been sent for approval of the Central government.
11. Meanwhile, Mumbai-Nagpur Samruddhi Mahamarg will be extended from Sindkhedraja node to Shegaon in Vidarbha. While Sindkhedraja is the birthplace of Chhatrapati Shivaji's mother Jijabai, Shegaon is known for Gajanan Maharaj Sansthan.
12. Similarly, Maharashtra Shaktipeeth Highway (Pawanar to Patradevi) between Nagpur and Goa Expressway via Nanded, Tuljapur
and Pandharpur worth Rs 86,300 crore will be taken up for execution soon.